- This policy covers how Higgs Communications, LLC treats
personal information that Higgs Communications collects and receives, including
information related to your past use of Higgs Communications products and services.
Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable
like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that
Higgs Communications does not own or control, or to people that Higgs Communications
does not employ or manage. In addition, certain Higgs Communications associated
companies such as CouponNet, Entertainment.Net,
and NSA Records have
their own privacy statements which can be viewed by clicking on the links.
Information Collection and Use
- Higgs Communications collects personal information when you register with Higgs Communications, when you use Higgs Communications products or services, when you visit Higgs Communications pages or the pages of certain Higgs Communications partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. Higgs Communications may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we may ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. For some financial products and services we may also ask for your address, Social Security number, and information about your assets. Once you register with Higgs Communications and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- Higgs Communications collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of financial products and services that we offer.
- Higgs Communications automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Higgs Communications cookie information, and the page you request.
- Higgs Communications uses information for the following general purposes: to customize any advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
- When a child under age 13 attempts to register with Higgs Communications, we ask that he or she have a parent or guardian create the account to obtain parental permission.
- Higgs Communications will not contact children under age 13 about special offers or for marketing purposes without a parent's permission.
- Higgs Communications does not ask a child under age 13 for more personal information, as a condition of participation, than is reasonably necessary to participate in a given activity or promotion.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Higgs Communications does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Higgs Communications under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Higgs Communications communicate with you about offers from Higgs Communications and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We have a parent's permission to share the information if the user is a child under age 13. Parents have the option of allowing Higgs Communications to collect and use their child's information without consenting to Higgs Communications sharing of this information with people and companies who may use this information for their own purposes;
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- Higgs Communications displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- Higgs Communications does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- Higgs Communications advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
- Higgs Communications works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
- Higgs Communications may set and access Higgs Communications cookies on your computer.
- Higgs Communications lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Higgs Communications's cookies.
- Higgs Communications uses web beacons to access Higgs Communications cookies inside and outside our network of web sites and in connection with Higgs Communications products and services.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- Higgs Communications may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Higgs Communications account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
- If you have questions or suggestions, you can contact us here.